Basic and Commercial Silkworm Seed Support:
- The National Silkworm Seed Organisation (NSSO), Bangalore (Karnataka) has a network of 2 Zonal Silkworm Seed Organisation (ZSSOs) at Malda (WB) and Dehradun (Uttarakhand), 20 Silkworm Seed Production Centres, 20 Basic Seed Farms, 3 Seed Cocoon Procurement Centres & 32 Sericulture Service Centres located at various places in the country.
- The Basic Seed Farms (BSFs) supply parent seed to the Departments of Sericulture in various States on their request. The commercial silkworm seed produced by NSSO supplements the production by States.
- The Basic Tasar Silkworm Seed Organization (BTSSO), Bilaspur support basic Seed multiplication, and production of these races through 21 BSMTCs located at various locations in the country and also one Central Tasar Silkworm Seed Station (CTSSS) at Kargi Kota, Chattisgarh and 1 Field Unit at Pallahara (Orissa)
- The Muga Silkworm Seed Organization (MSSO), Guwahati support basic Seed multiplication, and production of these races through 8 P4/P3 units and one Muga SSPC at Kaliabari, Boko.
- The Eri Silkworm Seed Organisation (ESSO) at Guwahati demonstrates organized production methods through 5 Eri Silkworm Seed Production Centers (SSPCs) located at Azara(Assam), Dehradun(Uttarakhand), Hosur(TN), Shadnagar & Peddapuram (AP).